April 20, 2019
250 First St
Woodland, CA 95695
Free - all tools, electronic components, meters & learning materials are provided by the library.
Saturday, April 20, 2019
Learn basic electronics and electronic principles.
The following topics and practices will be covered in 8 sessions of 2 hours each.
1. Actual hands-on construction of simple circuits.
2. Use of a digital voltmeter to make electrical measurements in circuits you make.
3. How to interpret electrical measurements.
4. Learn the meaning of electrical terms such as volts, amps, watts and more.
5. Identify and successfully use electronic components.
6. Lean how electrical principles relate to common everyday terms and measure.
7. Do simple calculations to determine energy and power from measurements you make.
8. Learn and apply Ohm's law to construct your own unique circuits successfully.
9. Introduction to the basic tools needed to work with electrical components.
10. Safety when working with electricity.
Participants should provide their own writing materials for taking notes.