Library Card Design Contest
Woodland Public Library will celebrate its 150th Anniversary on July 4, 2024!
To help the library celebrate 150 years of service to the community, Woodland kids, teens, and adults are invited to enter the Library’s 150th Anniversary Library Card Design Contest. We need the artistic and creative talent of our community to design our next library card.
Rules and How to Enter
- Entries must be completed on an official application, available at the Woodland Public Library or on the library website: cityofwoodland.org/library. Entries must be accompanied by a signed Photo/Creative Works Release form.
- All designs must be completed on the template. You may recreate the template on your home computer but must keep the dimensions the same and include all the requested information.
- The submitted entry must be the creative and original work of a single individual (no copies or artwork created by other people).
- Artwork can include high resolution (300 dpi) computer-generated or digital photographic submissions or paper submissions using colored pencil, pen, paint, camera, or computer-generated art. Artwork should be two-dimensional for printing purposes.
- One entry per contestant.
- Card dimensions are 2 1/8 inches by 3 3/8 inches (2.125 in by 3.375 in).
- The deadline to submit card design entries is Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
Entries may be submitted to the Woodland Public Library on the official entry form or via the online form on the Library’s website. Only complete entries, including the a completed design template with name and contact information and a signed Photo/Creative Works Release form, will be reviewed.
Who can enter?
The contest is open to Woodland residents of all ages.
We are looking for designs that showcase the value of the Woodland Public Library or what the library means to you. Your design can also illustrate:
▪ How books inspire you
▪ How libraries inspire you
▪ How the Woodland Public Library makes your life better
▪ Celebrating 150 years!
Cards will be selected based on the creativity, artistic expression, and the message communicated.
One winner will be selected in each category:
▪ Kids (ages 1-12): $200
▪ Teens (ages 13-17): $200
▪ Adults (ages 18+): $200
All prizes will be awarded as gift cards. Prizes sponsored through the generous donation of the Woodland Friends of the Library.
- Entry into each category will be determined by the age of the applicant at the time of submission. If you are a child (birth to 12 years), your design will automatically be considered in the kids’ category. If you are a teen (13 to 17 years), your design will be considered in the teen category, and if you are an adult (18+ years), your design will be considered in the adult category.
- The winning design will be used for official library cards and may be used on library promotional materials, including posters, bookmarks, forms, flyers, and on the library’s website and social media.
- All rights to the artwork will belong to the Woodland Public Library. Winning artwork may need to be modified to comply with Woodland Public Library branding and guidelines.
- Winners will be notified in January 2024.
Photo/Creative Works Release
I certify that the attached submission to the Library Card Design Contest (LCDC) is my or my child’s own original creative work. I give permission for the City of Woodland to reproduce creative works resulting from my (or my child’s) participation in the LCDC. I understand that the purpose is to promote the Library and its services/programs. I give permission with the following understanding: no compensation of any kind will be paid to me (or my child) at this time or in the future for the use of my (or my child’s) creative works. Permission is not required to take part in the City of Woodland programs. The City of Woodland reserves the right to modify creative works resulting from my (or my child’s) participation in the LCDC to conform to the dimensions of the library card or to accommodate text. I may not use creative works resulting from my (or my child’s) participation in the LCDC for commercial purposes without the approval of the City of Woodland.